Hearing Aid Banks

Chris Peychers chris-p at ramhb.co.nz
Sat Dec 2 15:27:49 EST 1995

In article <120293 at BoysTown.ORG>,
   LEWIS at BoysTown.ORG (Dawna Lewis) wrote:
>>Just out of curiousity I'd like some input from around the
country (and
>>world) concerning involvement in dispensing salvage aids
for low-income
>>patients

In New Zealand, we run a Bank but only with new aids donated
by importers. Most importers and some ITE manufacturers are
quite willing to donate stock, particularly just-deleted
BTEs.

Certainly helps people who have fallen through the funding
cracks (which are possibly a bit more narrow in this country
compared to many others). It's very reassuring to know the
Bank's there if all other options fail.

Chris P.
Pres NZ Audiological Soc.