KEMAR

Tony Woolf tony at howl.demon.co.uk
Wed Dec 6 17:55:19 EST 1995

In article <snaidoo.29.30C40F2F at uctgsh1.uct.ac.za>
           snaidoo at uctgsh1.uct.ac.za "Sharmala Naidoo, Ph.D" writes:

> Does anyone know the price of KEMAR?

I suggest you ask Knowles Electronics Inc at
1151 Maplewood Drive, Itasca, Illinois USA
Phone:  voice (708) 250-5100  fax (708) 250 0575

Remember Kemar is a kit of parts.  You can buy head and torso, or just
the head, one or two ear simulators (couplers) one pinna or two, and
various accessories.

In 1994 the head and torso cost $3162, and couplers $1606 each.  No
doubt it is more now.  Pinnae are about $100, and you will need a few
extra bits that Knowles will tell you about.

If you're using the Knowles coupler, you will also need a B&K 4134
1/2" pressure mic and preamp for each ear, and some equipment to
provide the power and 200V polarising voltage.  You can use other mics
but I assume the calibration would not then be guaranteed.  I don't
know if Knowles sell these items but it might be more sensible to go
direct to B&K.

You will also need a B&K right angled adaptor so that the pre-amp can
fit inside the head.  Remember that such items come at B&K prices!

--
Tony Woolf