Frequency Transposition Hearing Aids ??

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 7 23:59:30 EST 1995

In article <DJ892F.425 at freenet.carleton.ca>, ap099 at FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Luc Chabot) says:

>Hello folks, I'm doing a favor for somebody and she would like to know if
>anybody has heard of Frequency Transposition Hearing Aids?  I'm clueless
>about this, but this hearing aid is supposed to convert high frequencies
>into more audible lower frequencies. She heard about this new technolgy on
>the news a few weeks ago.  Do digital hearing aids do this?  She doesn't
>want an implant, though.

The one type of device that performs frequency transformation, that I know
of is called the Trans-Sonic, and it essentially shifts high frequency
information into a lower frequency so that it can be detected by one's
hearing mechanism in a more sensitive region.  I do not know much more
about this, but it would be a great thread of discussion.....

(Hint Hint Nudge Nudge...)

>Luc Chabot
>ap099 at freenet.carleton.ca
>or lchabot at igs.net