Postbac/Pregrad Programs

dybala at utdallas.edu dybala at utdallas.edu
Thu Dec 7 14:45:52 EST 1995

Captain Curious (thecurious at thisschool.edu) wrote:
> I've recently begun to consider audiology as a career option, after
> becoming better acquainted with the practice of clinical audiology
> through a close friend.  He mentioned the existence of pre-grad school
> (MS, though I guess if it's possible to go directly to AuD, that would
> work - I'm unfamiliar w/ the new degree hierarchy) curriculum of a
> year's coursework, or the like, to prep for application.

> Any of you good folks know of such offerings, or the credibility of
> such a suggestion?  Any info would be appreciated... followup to the
> list, no easy email access here...

> BTW- If it matters (in most areas it does) I have a recent BA in
> chemistry, ~3.0 undergrad GPA, & 2100+ on my GRE...

> Thanks!
> Captain Curious

Right now there are two AuD programs in the nation that are up and
running

Baylor College Of Medicine in Houston TX.
Central Michigan University

They are slightly different in that the BCM is based out of the medical
school and CMU is in the graduate school.  With your background
It would probably be best to apply for the AuD programs because
it will become the entry level degree within the next 10 years.

With your chemsitry background it would seem to put you
in a good position to take the AuD classes at the med school.

Otherwise if you get a masters you will have to wait, probably to
get your AuD because there is not a mechanism that is in place or
that is agreed upon, on how all of the masters level practicioners
will earn the AuD without quitting a job and going back to
school.

email me personally if you want some info on the two programs.

--
Thank you for your support,
Paul Dybala
dybala at callier.utdallas.edu