Postbac/Pregrad Programs

Rogue2 STU_LCBRAZ at vax1.acs.jmu.edu
Fri Dec 8 08:14:39 EST 1995

> Any of you good folks know of such offerings, or the credibility of
> such a suggestion?  Any info would be appreciated... followup to the
> list, no easy email access here...
>
> BTW- If it matters (in most areas it does) I have a recent BA in
> chemistry, ~3.0 undergrad GPA, & 2100+ on my GRE...
>
> Thanks!
> Captain Curious

I tried to reply to you via email, so I would't take up unnecessary
bandwidth, but here I am posting because of your bogus address
in the header.

As far as I know, the AuD has not been adopted universally yet.
There are only a few schools in the U.S. that have this as their
graduation requirement.  So far, ASHA only states that studies
through the Master's level is required to practice Audiology (along
with the necessary exams and such)

As for your classes, it would depend on where you got into school.
Some will take you as a "provisional grad." and have you complete the
necessary undergrad classes either before or while you take your
grad classes.  At least, that's what happens at my school.
If you choose to complete the AuD, you would have to go to a school
that had that as their requirement (I believe that UMich is one...???)
And this takes two years longer than the studies at the Master's level.
Others can you tell you more about this.  I'm only vaguely familiar
with the AuD.  Since you probably have only a few of the
necessary classes for the undergrad requirement, it might take you
even longer, for either the Master's or the AuD--maybe a year or more.

As for that 2100 on your GREs...do you mind if I grovel at your
feet?  Avert my eyes?  Bring you trinkets and baubles?

-Laura Braz at stop.that.groveling...I.can't.stand.it.when.people.grovel.
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA
STU_LCBRAZ at JMU.EDU