strange family history of partial hearing loss

Nico van Belzen belzen at hema.fgg.EUR.NL
Fri Dec 15 12:08:00 EST 1995

Hi netters,

I would be interested to learn possible explanations
for the following:

My five sisters and myself all suffer (to various degrees)
from partial hearing loss since early childhood.
Our parents have normal hearing, and my sisters' children
and my own child apparently have normal hearing.

Environmental factors seem unlikely as max. age difference
is 11 years, and most of us were born in different towns.

Perhaps Rhesus factor may be involved. My mother is Rh-;
however, as far as I know the oldest child (that's me, Rh+)
should not be affected by this.

Suggestions? (please e-mail)

Nico van Belzen (belzen at hema.fgg.eur.nl)