Postbac/Pregrad Programs

dybala at utdallas.eduhttp dybala at utdallas.eduhttp
Sat Dec 16 19:01:51 EST 1995

>   hears2u at aol.com (Hears2U) writes:
>  Rumor has it that the Baylor program is in trouble.......Not meeting
>  university undergrad. requirements.   Can anyone confirm or deny???
>   Hears2U (David)

Well the information that was coming off of the ASHA mailing list was that
the AuD program had been "suspended".

I called the department at BCM to get some real answers and I was put
through to Dr. Jerger.  He explained to me that what is going on is that
the AuD program is going to up the admission requirements
as far as the types of ug classes (more physics, chem. etc) for the four
year degree so that students will be prepared to take the required
courses at the medical school.

He said that this could cause a suspension of sorts, to the number of
eligible applicants to the four year program especially if they
are coming from a comd/slp background.

This does not mean that the program is in trouble or is having
major problems.

I was told that the program is accepting applications
for next fall.

I reposted this info to the ASHA listserv and got an email back from
the person who put up the original post who said that their info was
different.

An article on this subject is supposed to  come out in the Jan issue
of ASHA's new newspaper that is replacing the monthly mag.

I have a feeling that info has been misunderstood, but after talking to Dr.Jerger
I feel better about it.

Hope the info helped.

Thank you for your support,
Paul Dybala