NOAH and Windows 95

Sally M. Whitson swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU
Fri Dec 22 09:05:20 EST 1995

I use the Noah platform to fit a number of programmable hearing aids.
Currently I am using Windows for Workgroups 3.11.  I would like to upgrage to
Windows 95 and I am wondering if anyone else has done so, and most importantly
if
any problems were encountered in the upgrade process.  I spoke with an MIS
person at one of the hearing aid companies and he was basically glib and not
too helpful.  His advice was basically no one knows but good luck.  Apparently
Windows 95 is being used with Noah in Europe with no problems.  In the US
problems have been reported in upgrading Noah with Toshiba and Compaq systems.
HIMSA will officially have a Windows 95 version of Noah available in 1997.
Sorry, but I don't want to wait that long.  By then we may be dealing with how
to upgrade to Windows 97!  Any info on Noah Windows 95 compatability will
be appreciated.  Happy Holidays to all.

Sally Whitson, M.S., CCC/A
Director of Audiology and Hearing Services
Milwaukee Medical Clinic
Milwaukee, Wisconsin