NOAH and Windows 95

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Sat Dec 23 02:07:55 EST 1995

Sally Whitson, swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU says...
>I use the Noah platform to fit a number of programmable hearing aids.
>Currently I am using Windows for Workgroups 3.11.  I would like to upgrage
>to Windows 95 <snip>

We are trying to get NOAH up and running on a 486 and a 386 both running
Windows 3.1. We were able to install NOAH okay but we can't get the Siemens
or the Phonak modules to install. With the Phonak software we get an error
message stating we do not have enough memory. The 486 has 8 meg RAM and 365
meg of free space on the hard drive. It also has 560K of lower memory
availble. The Phonak technician told me today he has had about 300 NOAH
installations and never this problem. He is wondering if we have too much
loaded in "upper memory". I removed everything except the HIMEM device
driver which is needed for Windows and the EMM386 driver and now I can't get
NOAH to load! (Windows does load okay.)

Does anybody have any ideas? We have loaded two different NOAH software
packages and we have tried two different Phonak modules - none will
eliminate the "Error 111, Insufficient Memory" problem.

So, right now I am waiting for Sally's "Windows 97" to come out! <g>

Paul Woodard :-)
Woodard Hearing Aid Centers
Des Moines IA

I do have some questions about Windows 95! I remember when we tried to get
Windows 386 to work! It wouldn't! So then we went with Windows 3.0 and how
we loved those "Application Errors" that crashed everything right when we
needed it most! Windows 3.1 has done pretty well but I have never bet my
business on it! I use a program that runs my office that works in DOS
(fastest), Windows NT, Windows 3.1, Unix, PowerPC and DEC but it will not
work in Windows 95!