gopher://gopher.bio.net:70/0R176113-177459-/AUD...

JIM FULTON rjfulton at IX.NETCOM.COM
Sun Dec 24 06:55:43 EST 1995

---------------------------------20431200942618

gopher://gopher.bio.net:70/0R176113-177459-/AUDIOLOGY/current
> From BIOSCI-REQUEST  Fri Dec 22 14:04:12 1995
> To: audiolog at net.bio.net
> From: dgdelage at ix.netcom.com (David G. Delage)
> Subject: Re: MADSEN'S AURICAL
> Date: Fri, 22 Dec 1995 22:00:48 GMT
>
> ctb1954 at aol.com (CTB1954) wrote:
>
> >DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH MADSEN'S AURICAL COMPUTER DOCKING
> >STATION COMBINATION AUDIOMETER , AND HEARING AID ANALYSIS SYSTEM?  i LIKE
> >ITS FEATURES BUT A LIST PRICE OF OVER $17,000 SEEMS QUITE STEEP. IT'S ONLY
> >BEEN OUT FOR LESS THAN A YEAR.  WOULD APPRECIATE HEARING FROM ANYONE WHO
> >HAS TAKEN THE PLUNGE. PLEASE E-MAIL ME DIRECTLY.
> >ctb1954 at aol.com
>
> I haven't actually seen Aurical in person (or whatever), but I know it
> is NOT a docking station, just a platform to rest the computer on.  It
> is controlled by the RS-232 (COM) port of the computer, which, in
> general, translates to s-l-o-w.  In addition, it has the additional
> speed overhead required for saving its data in Noah.
>
> -Dave
>
>I can tell you what I know about Aurical and I don't agree that it is slow.  The speed of ithe operation like with all applications=
, depends on the speed of the computer. I just purchased one which includes NOAH, HIPRO, an audiometer (which does both SPL and HL a=
udiograms, Real Ear loudness mapping (choice of methods), Real ear analysis, hearing aid analysis, Hearing clinic windows based soft=
ware for database management AND A FREE COMPUTER!!  Purchase price-$14,500! I make NO payments until April 1996 and they financed it=
 for 24 months NO INTEREST!!  The system is portable for easy mobility when you go to more than one location like I do and I don't h=
ave to compromise test capabilities.  It may sound like alot of $$ but try to buy even three of the components separately-HECK I bou=
ght ReSound's first programmer for $5,000 and their second one for $3,000 just so I could dispense THEIR PRODUCT.  With NOAH and HIP=
RO on the Aurical, I can dispense any/all NOAH compatible hearing aids I desire just by buying the company's software (around $200).=
  By using the Hearing Clinic database, I'll be able to keep all of my patient information, including test results, purchases...etc.=
 all in one place.  I'm excited to have it.
PLS