NOAH and Windows 95

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Sun Dec 24 00:38:42 EST 1995

Thanks to Sally Whitson, swhitson at OMNIFEST.UWM.EDU who says...
>I know that Noah needs 8 megs
>of RAM to run.  If your 486 has a total of 8 mgs of RAM, there might not be
>enough for Noah to run.

If this be true, this may be my problem. Anyone else know the answer to
this? The techs that I have talked to claim that NOAH will work with 4 meg
RAM. Our 486 has 8 meg RAM and the Phonak and Siemens software will not load
on it.

>Although I've never tried them, I am aware of soft ram
>or ram doubler software which is certainly less expensive than RAM sims.

Again, a good idea. Does anyone know anything about ram doubler software? (I
don't.)

>Finally, I've been using Windows 95 at home for 2 or 3 months, and I really
>like it.  It seems more stable than Windows 3.11 especially when
multi-tasking.
>I'd like to load it at work because it would then be quite simple to switch
>between the Noah platform, used for most programmable systems, and the
ReSound
>PC Expert which does not yet (and I wonder if it will ever) work with the
Noah
>platform.

I was told that NOAH will NOT work well with Windows 95. Again, does anyone
know if this is true? And I was also told that the new NOAH version that is
due out soon will not work well with Windows 95 either.

Paul Woodard :-)
Des Moines IA USA