pedi IEP

MECUR mecur at aol.com
Wed Jul 5 14:44:27 EST 1995

We are working to develop a presentation for educators re. a child with
CP, possible ADD-H, speech articulation problems and moderate to severe
SNHL.    10 yr old male is mainstreamed and will be moved from a regular
small class of 20 children, 4 children with special needs, to a class of
30, also with 4 children with special needs.  This change is occurring due
to budget cuts.  We are concerned about classroom size and added burden on
the teacher resulting in his receiving less attention and being even more
distractable. 3 of these children would need assistance in case of a fire.
 He is using an appropriate FM system.  We are trying to make the argument
that this child needs to remain in a small mainstreamed class.  Does
anyone have any thoughts or experience with making these arguments?  (pt
has an advocate).