GSI vs. Madsen

CHRIS CAMPBELL jchriscambl at delphi.com
Wed Jul 26 21:43:34 EST 1995

I've used both GSI and Madsen in the past.  Currently using a GSI
16.  Turned in a Madsen audiometer - model not recalled.  Nothing
wrong with Madsen, just like GSI better after 23 years of various
types of audiometers.  Prefer older Madsen bridges.  Have GSI 33
bridge but find it too slow for getting contralateral reflexes from
children - also it doesn't provide the compliance reading to two
decimal readings thereby cutting off important diagnostic
information.  Only fault with the GSI 16 is the LED's are too faint
and small for my bifocaled eyes to read easily.  The GSI 10 will
aloways be a favorite - fast, reliable, accurate - good for
compensation and fraud cases.

Don't know about the software.  Basic question - who will fix your
equipment and can you get loaners?  How fast.  Nobody can afford
poor service and slow repairs.

Good Luck
jcc