Ringing in my ear????

x011 at Lehigh.EDU x011 at Lehigh.EDU
Thu Jun 1 17:21:04 EST 1995

In article <3ql62b$lbv at usenet.INS.CWRU.Edu>, fr299 at cleveland.Freenet.Edu (David
R. Weesner) writes:
>A few other thoughts on tinnitus:
>If the tinnitus is associated with hearing loss, appropriate
>hearing aids often mask the tinnitus.  I would explore this before
>using tinnitus maskers.
>
>There is  a tinnitus newsgroup.  Trusting my memory on this one,
>it's alt.support.tinnitus  .  If not, try alt.tinnitus.support  .
>
>Value of my opinion = $0.02
>
>David Weesner, MA. CCC/A
>drw2 at east-orange.va.gov
>Brick, NJ

I believe tinnitus tell us alot about HOW the brain processes
information.  The lack of feedback due to nerve deaf is interpreted as
a high pitch sound.  Why I do not address this issue directly my
tinnitus experiences vectored my thinking.  If you need a copy
of my 80K file let me know.  Enclosed is an abstract.  Ron Blue
x011 at lehigh.edu (note: 0 = zero)
Abstract:

The correlational opponent-processing theory is a neuro homeostasis
integration psychological immune theory that would connect phenomena
such as sensation, perception, movement, habituation, memory,
representations, learning, cognition, personality, psychopathology,
paradoxical integration, emotion, and evolution of the mind under a
unified theory.

Perception/learning/cognition may be viewed as an effort to assimilate
and accommodate all experience into neuro-energy-efficient
eigenfunctional equivalence or quasi-holographic correlational
opponent-processing recordings.

Stimuli causes brain wave modulations which interact with carrier or
reference wavelets.  This interaction creates a quasi-holographic
stimulus wavelet.  The opponent-process creates an opposing quasi-
holographic memory wavelet.  Through this process the correlations or
associations of experience are encoded to memory.  Every wavelet,
regardless of source or type, triggers an opposing wavelet.  The
function of the opposing wavelet or feedback is to diminish the
intensity of neural processing.  A wavelet potential is stored or hard
wired as long-term potentiation opponent-processes in nerve cells and
the interconnections between nerve cells.  The wavelets are quasi-
holographic and allow recovery of information due to the interaction of
reference carrier wavelets and stimuli, thought, motor movement, and
emotional arousal.

Outline:
       Discussion
       Neuro Net
       Quasi-holographic wavelets
       Habituation/immunization
       Memory
       Representations, copies or models
       Learning/Cognition
       Personality
       Sensations and Perceptions
       Movement
       Emotion
       Evolution
       Tools
       Implications
       Conclusion and applications from COP theory
            Discorrelation
            Education
            Biophysical
            Intelligence