(none)

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Fri Jun 2 05:24:50 EST 1995

In article <n1410103435.19828 at msgw.mayo.edu>, david_fabry at msgw.mayo.edu
says...

>RE: Comments on multiband compression hearing aids
>
>This list is not exhaustive (it changes nearly daily), but the list of
>manufacturers with multiband compression hearing aids includes: Danavox,
>Oticon, Resound, Siemens, 3M, Unitron,  and others.

Is the Phonak PICS multi-channel? I'm not that familiar with it.

>The maximum number of channels
>available currently is 3, but is likely to change with digital hearing aids
>and as hearing aids continue to become more programmable.

Was the Ensoniq multi-channel or was it single channel with multiple tone
adjustments?

What is the current thinking about the need for compression in the high
frequencies? I believe that Oticon has compression only in the low-frequency
channel. Going along with this idea, when we fit high-frequency ski-slope
hearing losses, would linear be the preferred choice? Or is there some value
from putting compression circuitry in the high-frequency channel such as
some of the other manufacturers do?

Paul Woodard :-)
Des Moines IA