Resound

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Fri Jun 2 17:13:30 EST 1995

In article <3qnl9a$rco at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, soundhrg at aol.com (SoundHrg) says:

>I will have the opportunity to sit down next week with a rep. for Resound.
> They are interested in providing hearing aids to me and my patients.  I'm
>curious what your experiences have been with the product, turn-around,
>customer service, quality, etc.  How is it different from the Siemens
>"Frontier"?
>
>Anxious to hear how you have fared.  Is it worth adding?  I am currently
>working with Siemens, and 3M programmables.
>
>Does Resound offer any benefit?

Well I have waited for this opportunity, so here goes....

The people at Resound are quite helpful once you get a hold of them.  They
have a system of "trainers" who will come out on site to help with fittings
and adjustments when needed.  They are also helpful in contributing suggestions
to the audiologists who dispense the product.

The PROBLEM with Resound is customer service in general.  For those of us who
call Resound on a daily basis, we know of the long waits on hold we are forced
to endure.  I have spoken to several people at Resound concerning the long
waiting cues, and they say that they are trying to shorten the on-line wait.
IMHO, anyone who dispenses their high-priced aids should not have to wait
15 minutes in order to talk to someone.  We are the life-blood of their
organization; without us they cannot get their product sold.

I like dispensing Resound, but the company in general could use some
straightnening up....

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders