(none)

Don Kaiser dakaiser at WELCHLINK.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Sat Mar 4 14:45:23 EST 1995

Greetings. I am an amateur audiologist but am extremely interested in the
vibratory processes that occur in hearing organs and how they relate to
tonal perception. I look at this list as a way to learn who is working in
this area and to learn more about this topic.

BTW, although there has not been anything published yet on this, I heard
through the grapevine that some info was presented at the biophysical
society meeting last month in San Fransisco that certain mice that are
deaf have a mutation in the actin binding site of an unusual myosin
isozyme (myosin-VII, I think) that is probably responsible for their
deafness.  Does anyone know about this work and about the mechanisms that
may be involved involving these proteins in the ear?

				Best regards, Don

Don Kaiser
Cell Biology and Anatomy
Johns Hopkins University