Pitch Perception

Charles Lucy lucy at lucytune.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 4 06:25:26 EST 1995

My area of study is musical tuning from a mathematical and musical
perspective. I would appreciate any information from the biological/
medical readers of this newsgroup about the latest research on human
pitch perception, and the physiology of hearing.
The fundamental questions are:

1 "How precisely can humans distinguish pitch?"
2."How does our pitch recognition ability work?"
3."Who is currently researching this area?"
4."How could/does extremely low frequencies (Alpha and sub-Alpa) as
   beating effect human functioning?"

All leads, comments, guidance from your point of view appreciated.
TIA
Charles Lucy