More on auditory driving

sbdst4 at vms.cis.pitt.edu sbdst4 at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Wed Mar 8 10:54:50 EST 1995

In article <artemis.49.0011A000 at mindspring.com>, artemis at mindspring.com (Terri Siegel) writes:
> In article <3jgrr3$gri at geraldo.cc.utexas.edu> sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu (Jeffrey Sirianni) writes:
>>From: sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu (Jeffrey Sirianni)
>>Subject: Re: Auditory Driving
>>Date: 7 Mar 1995 05:44:03 GMT
>
>>In article <3jfl6a$45m at usenet.srv.cis.pitt.edu>, sbdst4 at vms.cis.pitt.edu says:
>>>
>>>Does anyone have any detailed information pertaining to
>>>audiotory driving?  I'm looking for anything one can refer me
>>>to or post directly.  What is it, how does it work...detail,
>>>detail!  I'm very curious about it, but have seen little
>>>information on it.
>
>>I am now curious myself.  I'm not sure what auditory driving
>>is myself... Anyone ???
>
>>Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
>>
> I've been in the field for over 13 years and it's a new one on me.  I've never
> heard the term.
>
> Terri Siegel, CCC/A
> Atlanta

well, perhaps it is more relevant to psychology, but auditory driving
is method of trance induction.  It has to do with the effects of loud,
rhythmic sounds.  I was just curious as to the exact mechanisms of this,
but perhaps this is not the right forum for this question.

Still in all, can any provide any information now?  The replies to my
question made me wonder if I had imagined the whole thing, but a
quick search in a psych database confirmed that I am not losing my
mind.

And though it might be something only studied by psychologists, I
would think that it is enough of a physiological phenomonon to be
relavant to this forum.

But maybe not!  Anyhoo... any input is greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

-seth darr

His Most Esteemed Prophet Seth Darr - sbdst4 at vms.cis.pitt.edu
Join the Vince Talbot Society of Friends now before the Eye
of the Camel comes.  Hamat Jihad!   PRAISE   VINCE   !!!!

			\			    /