recent breakthroughs in research

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Wed Mar 15 02:32:10 EST 1995

In article <3jvpbc$p4h at newsbf02.news.aol.com>, pstanton12 at aol.com (Pstanton12) says:

>I am interested in hair cell regeneration in the inner ear to restore
>hearing. Pls. keep us updated on the recent findings from University of
>Virginia Medical School and Albert Einstein School of Medicine.

If there is anyone out there working on hair cell regenaration, info
would be greatly appreciated by all.

>Also, have there been any recent developments in hearing aids to
>helpseverely to profoundly deaf with little residual hearing? Thanks!

The unfortunate reality is that the major focus on hearing aid development
has focused on hearing aids for mild to moderate losses including adaptive
compression and adaptive filtering circuits.  It's all based on numbers...

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders
CMA, 2nd Floor Clinic