acoustic "colors"

Joseph Robinson josephro at gpu2.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Mar 24 23:38:06 EST 1995

: I saw a book recently dealing with synesthesia. My interest was in
: musicians who "hear" colors, and it may be related to your subject. The
: notion of hearing colors by musicians has been around for several
: centuries but general scientific study has apparently been sparse. You
: may want to look for the following:

: Cytonic, Richard E. (1989). SYNESTHESIA, A UNION OF THE SENSES. New York:
: Springer-Verlag.

: Cytonic, Richard E.,(1993) THE MAN WHO TASTED SHAPES: A BIZARRE MEDICAL
: MYSTERY OFFERS REVOLUTIONARY INSIGHT INTO SYNESTHESIA. New York: Putnam.

HOLD ON.
For anyone who's had a heck of a time locating the above references, the
author's name is Richard E. CYTOWIC.

Hannah Pazderka-Robinson