Audiology text recommendations

Jim Chinnis p00511 at psilink.com
Tue Mar 28 09:43:29 EST 1995

I would appreciate advice on one or more books that might help me
branch out a bit into some research areas related to audiology and
auditory aspects of neuroscience.  I have a PhD in psychology
(mathematical and neuroscience) from 1973, but have not kept up with
the neuroscience field since.  I am also a physicist.  I did some
research in very elementary aspects of single fiber coding in sensory
systems long ago.  I would like to get a cram course in all things
related to hearing, with emphasis on what is known about the more
distal parts of the auditory system, especially coding of information
from the hair cells to higher pathways and centers.  Up-to-date info is
especially sought.

Can anyone help me find the book(s) to get started?  Thank you!

Jim Chinnis