IS the ear corrosive???

Dag Lukkassen dl at tiur.sin.no
Fri Mar 31 19:57:51 EST 1995

We are two Master Candidates at Narvik Institute of Technology and in
connection with our research project we seek information conserning the
environment in the ear (e.g. the pH-value).

We are designing a hearing-protection formed as a plug and need this
information for the material selection. Our belive is that the ear has a
corrosive environment, but we cannot find any documentation.

If there is anybody that can help us with this problem we will be very
greatful.

                                   Haslestad & Meidell
                                   anm at orre.sin.no