AuD Survey...

"Gregory Gulick ", CSD gulick at LUNA.CAS.USF.EDU
Sun Oct 8 14:10:00 EST 1995

Greetings, all!  I'm a student at the University of South Florida and I'm
doing a research project on the AuD as well as writting some articles on "The
AuD and the Audiology Student" for the local NSSLHA newsletter.

If you have time, I would love to get some responses from some of you
concerning some questions I'm addressing.  This is both for students
(undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and professionals, just answer the
appropriate questions.  Also, responses need not be public.  You may send
email to gulick at luna.cas.usf.edu.  Please specify if you do not wish your
name to be published should I decide to quote you.  Thanks!

THE RESPONSES WILL BE OPINIONS.  There are no right or wrong answers.

Now, here are the questions.  Please note that many of the questions for
the student are identical to the questions for the professional.  Just be
sure you answer the appropriate set.

                       *** The AuD and the Student ***

Please answer these questions if you are undergraduate, graduate, or other
student planning a career as an audiologist.  Please make your answers as
long as you wish (unless a yes/no response is appropriate).

(1) Has the implementation of the AuD caused you to reconsider your pursuit
    of audiology during any point of your studies?  Why or why not?

(2) Are you intending to pursue the AuD in the future?

(3) Have you found information on the AuD readily available (that is, you
    were able to get your questions answered by a knowledgable person or
    through some text on the subject)?

(4) Briefly explain what affect you feel (if any) the AuD will have on the
    reality of the audiologist in private practice.

(5) What do you think the financial benefits from obtaining an AuD will be
    and do you feel that these benefits will balance the cost of the
    additional education?

(6) Do you feel that the AuD should be mandatory for all audiologists?

(7) What level are you (i.e., undergraduate, graduate, etc.) and when do you
    plan to get your CCC-A?

(8) May I use your name if I decide to quote one of your answers? (yes/no)

(9) May I contact you privately via e-mail if I have any additional questions
    concerning the AuD? (yes/no)

                     *** The AuD and the Professional ***

Please answer these questions if you are currently a practicing audiologist.
Please make your answers as long as you wish (unless a yes/no response is
appropriate).

(1) Has the implementation of the AuD caused you to reconsider your
    profession as an audiologist?

(2) Are you intending to pursue the AuD in the future?

(3) Have you found information on the AuD readily available (that is, you
    were able to get your questions answered by a knowledgable person or
    through some text on the subject)?

(4) Briefly explain what affect you feel (if any) the AuD will have on the
    reality of the audiologist in private practice.

(5) What do you think the financial benefits from obtaining an AuD will be
    and do you feel that these benefits will balance the cost of the
    additional education?

(6) Do you feel that the AuD should be mandatory for all audiologists?

(7) What means of obtaining the AuD would be convient for you (i.e.,
    night classes, courses over the internet, etc.)?

(8) Do you feel that, through clinical experience, you have learned a
    majority of what an AuD education would teach you?

(9) How long have you been in practice?

(10) May I use your name if I decide to quote one of your answers? (yes/no)

(11) May I contact you privately via e-mail if I have any additional questions
     concerning the AuD? (yes/no)

Thanks for your time!

Gregory Gulick
gulick at luna.cas.usf.edu