AuD Survey...

hummahumma JAYHans at gnn.com
Sun Oct 8 18:21:43 EST 1995

> questions for
>the student are identical to the questions for the
> professional.  Just be
>sure you answer the appropriate set.

>-----------------
>
>                       *** The AuD and the Student ***
>
>Please answer these questions if you are undergraduate,
> graduate, or other
>student planning a career as an audiologist.  Please make
> your answers as
>long as you wish (unless a yes/no response is appropriate).
>
>(1) Has the implementation of the AuD caused you to
> reconsider your pursuit
>    of audiology during any point of your studies?  Why or
> why not?

NA. Practicing Audiologist already

>(2) Are you intending to pursue the AuD in the future?

If mid-career part time study is developed

>(3) Have you found information on the AuD readily available
> (that is, you
>    were able to get your questions answered by a
> knowledgable person or
>    through some text on the subject)?

There are no knowledgable persons.  Only opinions

>(4) Briefly explain what affect you feel (if any) the AuD
> will have on the
>    reality of the audiologist in private practice.

The field will die out in 10 - 15 years if the AuD is not
mandatory.

>(5) What do you think the financial benefits from obtaining
> an AuD will be
>    and do you feel that these benefits will balance the
> cost of the
>    additional education?

Independant practice will eventually pay off.

>(6) Do you feel that the AuD should be mandatory for all
> audiologists?

Yes

>(7) What level are you (i.e., undergraduate, graduate, etc.)
> and when do you
>    plan to get your CCC-A?

Got the C's in 1975

(8) May I use your name if I decide to quote one of your