Hearing Problems

John Lazzaro lazzaro at snap.CS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon Oct 16 15:18:09 EST 1995

In article <45u40u$kaj at utdallas.edu>,  <dybala at utdallas.edu> wrote:
>LOOK INSIDE; TRUTH AWAITS. (aji97 at uno.cc.geneseo.edu) wrote:
>> If anyone has any information on the newest hearing aid that
>> was just released ('as small as a contact lens') I would
>> appreciate any input.
>
>The ear lens has not been released by resound (I have not
>heard that it has) I think that
>this person is the victim of a Beltone advertisement!

Alternatively, he might be referring to Symphonix, a San Jose startup
that is working on an implantable hearing aid, according to short
blurbs in the SF Chronicle and SJ Mercury. The Chron blurb was pretty
content-free on specifics -- "a hearing aid as small as the head of a
pin" is about as technical as it got. The Merc blurb was financial --
an announcement of second-round VC funding of $6,000,000.