Speech Display Software?

Gary Holland gary at gholland.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 17:24:46 EST 1995

Hello folks,

I have recently fitted a profoundly deaf young man (28) who has been
deaf since birth with an AVR FT 40 Mk2 Transposition instrument to use
in conjunction with his Phonak PPC P2 Postaural instruments via mic
off shoes and Audio input.

Initial results are very encouraging. He has a left corner audiogram with no
measurable response to pure tone above 2kHz.

Using a high frequency transposition coefficient (Zc) of
around 2.5 he was able to detect high frequency speech sounds with ease
and can differentiate 'SH' from 'S'

He is very keen to improve his speech production and
whilst the Transposer will ultimately help with this
he has asked if there is any software available
for use with the PC which will enable him to monitor pitch and
amplitude in real time.

I know there were a number of commercial products available a few years ago
- Visispeech?, however I am sure that with the processing power available
now that there must be a hard/software package available that would
help.

I would be grateful for any advice / suggestions.

Thanks

Gary Holland UK