Endorsements are Fine

Jeffrey Sirianni sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu
Thu Sep 14 23:58:33 EST 1995

In article <439567$p3v at mserv1.dl.ac.uk>, Email User <mcphersh at heid-amedd.army.mil> says:

>From recent experience and unsolicited patient feedback, I have to
>report that the Patriot earmold from All American Labs in Oklahoma City
>lives up to it's claims.
>
>Feedback is eliminated for severe loss fittings and the fit is very
>comfortable, since it is essentially a canal mold.
>
>By the way, this is an unsolicted endorsement.
>
>Hal McPherson
>USAH
>Heidelberg, Germany

I would consider this an endorsement rather than a solicitation.  I believe
that readers of this group enjoy suggestions posted by fellow audiologists
in the "trenches".  Our solicitation bylaw in the newsgroup prospectus only
discourages those folks with direct affiliation with a manufacturer from
saying that their product is better than some other product.  For example,
"Our ABC hearing aid is better than XYZ's ABC hearing aid".  Please keep up
the suggestions.....

Jeff Sirianni     @(((<{
University of Texas at Austin
Communication Sciences and Disorders