90% range?

SHAHNAZ,NAVID,MR B2HC000 at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA
Mon Sep 18 14:31:35 EST 1995

Since the admittance values are positively skewed, it has been suggested
that means, SDs and confidence intervals can not provide a valid range
of normative admittance values.Therefore, it's been suggested that to
report 90% range instead of for eg. +/- 2SD. Although the skewness of
my data for middle ear resonance freq. is about 0.5, however, in order
to be consistent with the available literature I'd like to report the
90% range as my diagnostic criteril. The problem is, I'm not sure
whether this range is computed the same way as 90th percentile. If
any one knows the precise procedure for computation of this range
(the formula) it is very much appreciated if he/she can inform me
through my e-mail (b2hc at musicb.mcgill.ca).
Thanks
Navid