Robert Pluta - TAM rpluta at THOUGHTPORT.NET
Tue Apr 2 17:54:04 EST 1996

Just call me Sky!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 17:55:16 -0500
To: Coffin at worldnet.att.net (David & Sissy Coffin)
From: rpluta at ThoughtPort.net (Robert Pluta)
Subject: Re: ECoG
Cc: audiolog at net.bio.net

Actually, I use the lowest point (trough) before the *SP* as the baseline.
Measure from there to the top of the SP, then from the trough to the top of
the AP, then compare the two measurements with a ratio.

Now what do y'all consider your criteria for abnormal ECoG? Depending on
which electrode you use? Depending on some clinic norms? An article of

However, most of the time when I do ECoGs I think about the ouija board.
That's my opinion of the test on most days; a crapshoot.

>When doing ECoG, what is the recommended method of selecting the baseline?
>I have heard of marking lowest point on tracing before the AP, marking the
>beginning of the slope up to the AP, or marking at 0 msec.
>I work with two other audioligists and we all do things a little
>differently, and I would like more opinions.
>David J. Coffin
>Birmingham Otology Clinic
>Birminham, AL

Rob Pluta               "The truth is the light, the light is the way,
rpluta at ThoughtPort.net  the less folks know, the more they have to say."
Brandon, FL 33511       --The Remains, c.1966
PGP key ID:638D2151//fngrprnt:0B BA B5 D1 41 97 D4 50  12 A5 57 A8 D4 D4 6B 0C