(none)

Robert Pluta - TAM rpluta at THOUGHTPORT.NET
Tue Apr 2 17:54:04 EST 1996

Just call me Sky!
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 1996 17:55:16 -0500
To: Coffin at worldnet.att.net (David & Sissy Coffin)
From: rpluta at ThoughtPort.net (Robert Pluta)
Subject: Re: ECoG
Cc: audiolog at net.bio.net

Actually, I use the lowest point (trough) before the *SP* as the baseline.
Measure from there to the top of the SP, then from the trough to the top of
the AP, then compare the two measurements with a ratio.

Now what do y'all consider your criteria for abnormal ECoG? Depending on
which electrode you use? Depending on some clinic norms? An article of
research?

However, most of the time when I do ECoGs I think about the ouija board.
That's my opinion of the test on most days; a crapshoot.

>When doing ECoG, what is the recommended method of selecting the baseline?
>I have heard of marking lowest point on tracing before the AP, marking the
>beginning of the slope up to the AP, or marking at 0 msec.
>
>I work with two other audioligists and we all do things a little
>differently, and I would like more opinions.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David J. Coffin
>Birmingham Otology Clinic
>Birminham, AL

Rob Pluta               "The truth is the light, the light is the way,
rpluta at ThoughtPort.net  the less folks know, the more they have to say."
Brandon, FL 33511       --The Remains, c.1966
PGP key ID:638D2151//fngrprnt:0B BA B5 D1 41 97 D4 50  12 A5 57 A8 D4 D4 6B 0C