Bargain Priced Oticon Repairs for the Consumer

HearWHAC HearWHAC at netins.net
Tue Apr 23 23:37:03 EST 1996

Usually it is best to take a hearing aid to your audiologist/dispenser when
it needs repair. Most hearing aid manufacturers discourage people from
sending their hearing aids direct to the factory for repair, but there is
one exception. Oticon hearing aid users may want to take advantage of a
little known benefit that Oticon offers them when they send their Oticon
hearing aid direct to the factory.

When a consumer sends their hearing aid direct to most hearing aid
manufacturers, the manufacturer usually makes a pretty high charge ($175 to
$225 or more) for handling it because it is awkward for a manufacturer to
have to deal direct with the retail consumer. They would prefer the consumer
deal direct with their local audiologist/dispenser.

However, in the case with Oticon, their charge to the audiologist/dispenser
for repairing a hearing aid is, to the best of my knowledge, the highest in
the industry. This has to be passed on to the consumer in the form of a
higher price. But, if the consumer, will carefully package and insure their
hearing aid and ship it direct to Oticon, 29 Schoolhouse Road, PO Box 424,
Somerset NJ 08873, they will discover Oticon will perform an excellent
repair and return it to them, usually at a lower price than what many
audiologist/dispensers would have to charge.

I know this sounds crazy, but check it out! It is true! I recently had one
of my patients send his seven year old E28P direct to Oticon and they
repaired it for something like $125! Today I recommended to another one of
my patients that he send his aid direct to Oticon. We even furnished him
with the shipping box.

Paul Woodard ;-)