Inner Ear Congestion...OW!

Melanie Greene mgreene at origin.ea.com
Sat Aug 3 22:29:22 EST 1996

Hello, I'm new to this group, and felt that it was high time for this question:

When I was a child, I rarely had ear infections. I've moved all over the
country, and wasn't plagued by allergies, until I moved back to Central Texas.

What usually happens to me when molds counts are high, isn't something that
I'm ususally successful in treating with otc meds. I sometimes have some
sinus congestion, but more often, I have only horrible inner ear congestion
that quite often develops into an inner ear infection. I've had labyrinthitis
several times in the last 6 years, and it seems that even drugs like Seldane,
Seldane-D, Claritin, and Claritin-D don't do a whole lot for me. Of the above
listed meds, Claritin-D is the only one that still manages to give me some
relief.

I realize that Central Texas isn't exactly a great place for people who suffer
from allergies. However, moving from here isn't a choice for me. Can anyone
suggest something I CAN do about this?

Melanie

p.s. This year hasn't been nearly as bad as previous years. I guess I just got
lucky.