Callling all CFY's

SDSMACCCA sdsmaccca at aol.com
Mon Aug 5 09:02:55 EST 1996

Dear Colleague:

Your comments certainly struck a nerve with me, even though I completed my
CFY a few years ago.  I am a white-anglo-saxon-protestant-english speaking
audiologist.  I went to the University of Florida for my graduate degree
and have been operating my own sole practice in South Florida for six
years.

When I was looking for a CFY position in South Florida, I was often passed
over in favor of my bilingual (Spanish-English) colleagues.  CFYs who
spoke Spanish were, and still are in high demand here.  I could not find a
CFY in Florida and ended up taking one in New Jersey.

Steven D. Sederholm