CFY

Catherine Steegmann katy1 at ix.netcom.com
Mon Aug 5 17:03:54 EST 1996

 CFY jobs are tough to find no matter who you are, and options are
further influenced by the obvious:time frame in which one must get a
job in order to survive...etc etc. Sometimes the best jobs are not open
at exactly the time some of us need desperately to work.
I found that CFY salaries are generally low, and that many times WOMEN
are sought by certain employers because we (in thier minds perhaps)
concede to more non-audiology duties, etc. At my first job(which I quit
before finishing my CFY for a better offer) I was expected to be a
secretary as well as an Audiologist. The turnover was very rapid.
Aggressive and determined networking will add a great deal to any job
search...BTW, the large companies like Hear-X do seem to be the way to
a well-paying CFY, if all else fails.