CFY blues

Michael Robert Iliff heardoc1 at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 7 23:21:26 EST 1996

    In regards to Jennifer Lantz article on CFY positions, I am happy
to report that my CFY position is a rewarding experience. Unfortunately
the pay is not as good as the experience! I am fortunate enough to have
a position at a VAMC and find the amount of knowledge and experience
that I am collecting is astounding, at least to me! My supervisor
respects not only me as a person, but as a fellow audiologist. This is
important in my opinion for a healthy relationship to develop between
the two. The only hurdle I have encountered is the pay, which is not
nearly enough for all that I do. I am lucky enough to have experience
in ENG, Rotary chair, OAE's, cerumen management, BAER's, as well as
other test audiologic test battery's. I know that this is not the norm
for a CFY position, at least this is what the people I graduated with
tell me, so I consider myself very lucky.
    Any students or CFY's reading this article, please E-Mail me and
let me know your views on the Au.D and how you think it will effect
you! I'm very curious on what all of you plan to do!

                                                    Thanks,

                                                        Mike