tinnitus question

Dawna Lewis LEWIS at BoysTown.ORG
Thu Aug 8 08:30:11 EST 1996

>Dear readers,
>
>My mother is stricken with a ringing in her ears. The spelling of her
>condition sounds like "tonitis", but this must be inaccurate; would
>anyone correct me please in the proper spelling. Thank you in advance-
>
>   Chris

The spelling of the word you are looking for is "tinnitus".  You can get lots
more information about the condition from a local ENT or audiologist or from
The American Tinnitus Association, P.O. Box 5, Portland, OR 97207-0005, Tel.
503-248-9985.

Dawna Lewis

Dawna E. Lewis			e-mail address: lewis at boystown.org
Clinical Audiologist
Boys Town Natl. Res. Hospital		phone:  402-498-6607
555 N. 30th Street			fax:  402-498-6638
Omaha, NE  68131

Dawna E. Lewis			e-mail address: lewis at boystown.org
Clinical Audiologist