Hearing aid stuff

JCole10001 jcole10001 at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 00:37:01 EST 1996

Regarding the wax springs, I have found that I have little need for them.
In almost every hearing aid fitting (ITE,ITC, CIC) I remove the spring. I
find that the patient is in my office too often to have it changed or
cleaned.  It has been my experience that with firm cleaning instructions
the patient does not need to make excessive  visits. I realize that in
some cases of significant wax build-up it must be used (ad-hear is easier,
the patient changes it him/herself). If the CIC is fit deep enough the
reciever should be positioned beyond the cerumenous and sebaceous glands.