Hearing aid stuff

RGNorton18 rgnorton18 at aol.com
Fri Aug 9 10:08:39 EST 1996

I also remove that little coiled wax trap.  I've never lost one in an ear
canal.  I find that they clog-up too often.  Some patients stop wearing
their hearing aid altogether if it clogs-up.  They  think its broken and
fail to come in for service.  This is why we need to do a better job with
follow-up.  Some elderly patients cannot be expected to remove and clean
these tiny  parts by thenselves.
In the event that wax damages the receiver (which is the reason for these
traps) then I am epuiped to replace that receiver with a new one that I
solder into place...Often while the patient waits.  In office repair is
critical to any quality dispensing office. Not just battery doors and
tubes but replacing microphones and receivers, aggressive shell
modifications too. It's not that hard.