Ototoxicity protocol

Michael Robert Iliff heardoc1 at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 10 13:56:52 EST 1996

We are setting up a protocol for ototoxicity monitoring in patients
that recieve a daily dose of gentamycin or tobramycin vs. conventional
methods. We have hashed over few ideas on what would be called a
significant threshold shift vs. the baseline audio. Any body set up a
protocol like this before and have any suggestions? Keep in mind that
this is an elderly population, and in this setting a little more
variability is expected in test retest. Also anybody have any thoughts
on why we might exclude individuals with hearing loss from the study, I
can't think of any good ones (ear diseases will be excluded).Also if
you have any current news that has to do with OAE's and ototoxicity
that isn't already out there.

thanks,
Michael