Hearing aid stuff

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Aug 12 00:16:20 EST 1996

{Forwarded personal response}

>From: jcole10001 at aol.com
>Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 01:36:44 -0400
>Posted-Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 01:36:44 -0400
>To: sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu (Jeffrey G. Sirianni)

>Regarding the wax springs, I have found that I have little need for them.
>In almost every hearing aid fitting (ITE,ITC, CIC) I remove the spring. I
>find that the patient is in my office too often to have it changed or
>cleaned.  It has been my experience that with firm cleaning instructions
>the patient does not need to make excessive  visits. I realize that in
>some cases of significant wax build-up it must be used (ad-hear is easier,
>the patient changes it him/herself). If the CIC is fit deep enough the
>reciever should be positioned beyond the cerumenous and sebaceous glands.

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A           *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.    *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404         *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                 *
* (210) 896-1433                       *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                   *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *