Hearing aid funding

Jennifer Lantz, MS, CFY/A Jenn.the.audiologist at worldnet.att.net
Tue Aug 13 23:24:35 EST 1996

Most of the patients I have seen in practicum and now my CFY that need
funding have been processed through Hear Now or funds from the local
government. Most are elderly. For a child, have you inquired about
Medicaid eligibility? I think the process varies from state to state for
getting approval (in NC you had to apply for prior authorization; in TX,
you used to have to - now FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND, as I have not done a
Medicaid HA patient yet, the SRT in the better in has to be 45 dB or
worse and you can go ahead and order the hearing aid if they are on
Medicaid [I am learning the particulars on this right now so bear with me
if I am off a little bit on this].

Jennifer Lantz