Usher's Syndrome

Jeffrey G. Sirianni sirianni at UTS.CC.UTEXAS.EDU
Wed Aug 14 03:19:21 EST 1996

A 30-yo patient, seen in our office since adolescence, was recently
diagnosed with Usher's Syndrome Type II.  In the years that she was seen
here, we never knew or any vision problems that would have led us to suspect
Usher's.

Anyway, an anecdotal report was recently given to me that birth control
pills might exascerbate the symptoms of retinitis pigmentosa.  Is this
common knowledge or myth?  I would like to advise this patient as she is
pretty worried about having Usher's Syndrome as it is.

Thank you for any comments.

Jeff

* Jeff Sirianni, M.A., CCC-A           *
* Sound Advice / R.G. Delaney, M.D.    *
* 710 Water Street / Suite 404         *
* Kerrville, TX  78028                 *
* (210) 896-1433                       *
* (210) 896-1440 FAX                   *
* sirianni at uts.cc.utexas.edu           *
* jgsaudio at aol.com                     *