question about hearing aid

John C. Campbell campbell at theshop.net
Thu Aug 15 23:15:50 EST 1996

Excessive sound, whether from a hearing aid or other source, has the
potential for damaging hearing.  The risk can be minimized by selecting
the proper hearing and a professional to fit it.

I have not seen increased hearing loss secondary to hearing aid use in a
number of years.  In my experience, it was more common in older (20
years ago) linear aid with little or no output control.

Perhaps others have had more recent experience.  Modern day aids have
excellent volume and output controls making the possibility of increased
loss secondary to proper hearing aid use very unlikely.  However, if you
wear an aid around hazardous noise, the use of the aid will increase the
risk of a noise induced hearing loss.

You wrote "one has to use a starker aid late."  This is a term I do not
understand.  Please clarify.