Hearing Help!!!!

SDSMACCCA sdsmaccca at aol.com
Mon Aug 19 08:03:50 EST 1996

It looks to me as though you and your grandfather may be searching in the
wrong direction.  A hearing aid is a hearing aid, nothing more-shopping
for a brand name is definitely the wrong approach.  Brand X is not
necessarily better than Brand Y, especially if it is dispensed by someone
who doesn't know what he is doing.  Miracle Ear makes fine hearing aids.
What's most important is that you and your grandfather are comfortable
with the PROFESSIONAL you're dealing with.  When you need a pacemaker put
in, you don't ask the physician what brand of pacemaker he intends to use,
you ask questions to find out if he is a competent surgeon.  Ask the
miracle ear dealer if he is a certified, clinical audiologist (very
important) and if he is recognized by such associations as the
American-Speech-Language and Hearing Association or the American Academy
of Audiology.  No, hearing aid fitting is not surgery, but it is becoming
more of a science, and you will want your grandfather's hearing aids to be
fitted exactly and precisely.  I hope your grandfather's experience with
his new hearing aids will be a satisfying and pleasurable one!

Good Luck!

Steven D. Sederholm