Newsgroup Help

Tom Boismier boismier at umich.edu
Thu Aug 22 06:53:22 EST 1996

In article <4vftq0$je9 at utdallas.edu>, dybala at utdallas.edu says...

>I am wanting to compile a list of newsgroups related to audiology, hearing
>and hearing loss.  I was wondering if any of you have any hard to find
>sugestions?  Please email me any responses!

My news server lists 11,057 groups. Searching the list for aud, hear, deaf,
meniere, tinni, and coch finds:

alt.society.deaf

alt.support.hearing-loss

alt.support.tinnitus

bionet.audiology

bit.listserv.deaf-l

In addition there is a lot of stuff on the WWW, try an Alta Vista search for
some of the keywords.

I had thought there was a vertigo support newsgroup, but if there is, my
server doesn't carry it. Please let me know if you find one, so I can petition
the Unix gods to add it to the server... ;)