Suggestions for increasing collections

CTB1954 ctb1954 at aol.com
Sat Aug 24 05:17:23 EST 1996

In article <19960821044341.AAB9677 at LOCALNAME>, Coffin at worldnet.att.net
(David & Sissy Coffin) writes:

>How can a practice best deal with
>the problem of patients who refuse/don't/can't pay for their hearing aids
>(and approach this in such a manner as to not freighten the patient away
in
>the first place)?
>
>David J. Coffin, M.A., CCC-A, FAAA
>Birmingham Otology
>Birmingham, Alabama

David,

I know the following is hard line, but to do one of two plans.

1.  Tell the patient that payment is expected in full at time of delivery.
 I accept VISA and M.C. (the bank takes 2%).  If their credit is so poor
that they don't have plastic ???? Or some of the old timers don't carry it
upon "generational" grounds.

2.  Tell them to set up a "Christmas Club" account for a hearing aid.
Either with you ($20 a month for a year can easily buy a recon. in my
practice).  Or with them in their own piggy bank or XMas club acct in
their bank.

If they really want  to hear better and have controlled saving habits.
Most find one of the above workable.

Hope this has been of help,

Craig Barth, M.A., CCC-A FAAA
Private Practice