Hearing aids

David G. Delage dgdelge at ix.netcom.com
Sat Aug 24 11:21:11 EST 1996

HearWHAC at netins.net (HearWHAC) wrote:

>We are starting to dispense the DEQ2s - have done about 50 of them so far.
>Am curious, could this aid be fit without using real ear measurement
>equipment? We do use REM with all fittings, but am just posing this
>question?

>Would be interested in hearing results from both those using REM and those
>not using REM in fitting the DEQ2!

>Paul ;-)

While we're posing questions <grin>, why would you NOT want to use
real ear measurement to fit hearing aids?

It seems to me that not using REM is like measuring the length of a
building by saying the average human foot is 12 inches long and
walking along the edge of the building.  -You'll be close, but not
exact.

-Dave