hoarse voice

linear linear at STARNET.SHINY.IT
Wed Aug 28 03:19:35 EST 1996

CIC normally have an  extra gain from 5 to 15 dB on high frequency
( 2000-6000 Hz) caused by the deep insertion . Normally this phenomena
is difficult to see with a real ear
Using an hearing aids there is always an alteration of the feedback
voice-hear and, if there is an excess of power on high frequency,
normally the patient increase the low frequency components of his voice

I suggest you to do an audiometry in open field with hearing aids and
verify if  high and low frequency are balanced

You can also do  an experiment to reduce  high frequencies putting a
very small piece of foam rubber in the  receiver's hole  and verifying
the voice changing of your patient

More information about CIC power increase are in "The Hearing Journal "
of July 94 It 's one of the best works on CIC application

Send me an E mail if I've solved your problem
Sorry for English mistakes

Luca Racca