NEED INFO ON OAE

allan allan at HARDLINK.COM
Sun Dec 1 21:05:09 EST 1996

Hello:
I have been reading the posts wiyh great intrest ,especially hyperacusis
and Linda posts on a 5 year old child with this possible disorder
my child presents the same way and would like some suggestions.
My child is not Autistic but this has been a long standing problem. No
recomendations were made for Amanda the audiologist said to get her use
to sound. Well this does not work.
can someone please point me in the right direction in knowing what tests
to ask for, at age 21/2 an ABR was done and was reportedly normal but
she still has a reaction to slightly raised sound and or music and
reacts real bad when its real loud too. Mr. Cambell who also posts here
told me to ask for OAE test. What is this and what does it test for and
and how this is casually related to hyperacusis if this is her dx and or
a frequency proplem.
Thank you for your kind assistance
Stephanie Allan
Allan @hardlink.com