"Selective" Managed Care

earplugs at dct.com earplugs at dct.com
Tue Dec 3 19:13:25 EST 1996

I opened my own audiological business many years ago based on what
appeared to be a need in the area.  Physicians who initially were glad to
refer, soon hired their own audiologists!  Dispensers who saw the same
potential quickly located in the same area.  Even major clinics from 1/2
way across the state, set up part time dispensing shops in the area.
There are now 9 more dispensers (4 within a 2 mile radius of my office)
then there were 14 years ago.  HMO and PPO providers seem to prefer
medical clinic relationships and don't want to bother with private
practicing audiologists!

Pretty grim huh?  Well, as my 14th year comes to an end, I've had my best
year ever!  Don't ever rely on anybody but yourself to generate
referrals, business, etc.  To do so, is a very big mistake!

BHC, Inc.